Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Longest of Boards

by Aaron

I was making something else, I forget what. Probably a workshop table or something. Anyway, I had some wood left over and decided to make a 46 inch long board. This is three sheets of plywood glued together with the grain turned different directions for strength and the edges routed down with the table router.

At least one ollie has been performed, and Arthur said it rides smooth but turns like an aircraft carrier. Maybe I got carried away in the longness, but I was imagining majestic smooth rides with plenty of space for relaxing. I also think it looks like a fence picket with wheels screwed on, but no, it was actually crafted in a skateboard like manor despite the looks.

This is my second skateboard project, and an improvement on my 2x6 ultra-kick flip hunk. The next one I'd like to steam shape and/or use a press to introduce some curvature.

See below for Shelly and I routing the board edges (face-shield overkill?) and "ALL THE CLAMPS" gluing where we purposely used all the clamps in the space for the fun of clamping... which yes... is fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment