Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chompers Lives!!!!!!!!!

 
Chompers (The creature formally known as Hack-Ness-Monster) lives!!!

Today I came in to finally learn some Autocad.  I attended the Cad Dojo and made some of my first sketches.  From there I learned how to format the sketch into g-code and run the CNC router.  The first sketch I intended to use wasn't going to work well for the CNC.  Thus Chompers was born.  It was the fastest original shape I could think to draw.  I spent the afternoon using and helping others use the CNC.  Another member suggested an articulating lower jaw.  Sketches were made.  Arduino's were commandeered.  A simple servo-fishing wire-hot glue-biting monster was born as a collaborative effort.  Inappropriate jokes were made.  I learned quite a bit.  My innate curiosity quenched; I felt the satisfaction of creating something original.

--Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment