Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

KMODDL Library - Slider Crank Mechanism

by Aaron

I was trying to make a copy of the Slider Crank Mechanism from the KMODDL Library (go here for video). I tried a large and a small. The big one is cut from masonite, the small from veneer plywood. Both were fails.

I think the action arm is a little too long, and more importantly I need some actual hardware to keep everything in line as it's moving. I wanted to do the whole thing in wood, thus dowel rods, but it's just not working out. I guess there's a reason they make mechanical systems out of mostly not-wood. Time for McMaster-Carr part searching.

If I ever get these down I want to make several more of these models, add a motor, and realease the designs on thingiverse/intructables with BOM etc. For now, here's the CAD file on thingiverse for the small version.


No comments:

Post a Comment